Potentially everybody: EHBO certificate (Eerste Hulp Bij Ongeluk), or CPR in English, is a must-have when working for the well-being of others.
During this day, we are taught to give first aids to children and babies in various situations:
- Non breathing baby / child
- Unconscious baby / child
- Baby / child whose heart stopped beating
- Wounded baby / child
I learnt how to do breast compression, mouth-to-mouth respiration and to use an AED (Automatische Externe Deffibrilator). I also learnt to have the good reflexes when a child suffocates or chokes on food, breaks a leg, or an arm or got a nasty open wound.
- Being able to keep calm whatever the situation
- Keep thinking clearly and fast: do not panic
- Always keep up to date with the new CPR methods